Friday, March 13, 2009

Content Preparation Progress for Adobe Reader

Sick and tired of Content Preparation Progress crashing Adobe Reader?

I tried a few solutions from Google without any luck, such as:

- upgrading from Adobe Reader 8.00 to 8.13
- renaming or moving pluggins
- changing options.

After spending two hours searching for solution on Google, I finally gave up and uninstall Adobe Reader, reboot PC and deleted Adobe Reader when I log back on. Installed Adobe Reader 8.13.

To cut the story short, I did the following to fix this issue:

1. Edit > Preferences > Reading > Reading Order
2. Select "Use reading order in raw print stream"
3. Check "Override the reading order in tagged documents"
4. Click OK

This should now allow Content Preparation Progress to complete it's job and allow you to view large PDF file without any issues.

Anyway, hope this solves your issue and please provide feedback so I can ensure I am providing the right solution to everyone.

Thank you,

Rox